Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fasting Log

Day 1:

Wow. Can I tell you how hungry I was all day?! You know that feeling you get when you are hungry - irritable, grouchy, every little thing aggravates you - perhaps it is just me - but - WHOA! It was me and it was all day. However; every time I was hungry, I just grabbed another glass of juice-water. I found the lemon-water (juice of one lemon squeezed into a cup of lukewarm water, also the best for cleansing) actually helped subside the hunger a bit. To keep my energy up during the day, I did drink lots and lots (probably a good 10 16oz. glasses) of juice-water, some regular water, and 2 cups of herbal tea in the evening as a treat. Those also had ginger in them to help with the cleansing/detox. I took one short nap during the day, and tried to do things to keep my mind off food. I can't believe how addicted to food I am!

Day 2:

Woke up and it wasn't quite so bad today! I was hungry, but even by 1:30pm I didn't feel so horrible - not the headache I had yesterday. My body doesn't really feel any different. I am having a hard time concentrating/focusing. I wonder if this is just from the fast, or perhaps from the residual withdrawal symptoms as my body pushes out more of the medicines I was on....???

Day 3:

Today was surprisingly the hardest - it started out easy - but by the end of the day I had a headache and was super grumpy. I was starving - and wanted to eat - but felt so sick to my stomach that I don't think I could have eaten if I tried. Good thing I didn't - day 3 down! :)

2 days of Raw Fruits & Veggies:

The first day: horrible. My system was completely out of whack - it felt like my stomach didn't know what to do with the food I was consuming. The bipolar meds must be totally out of my system now. It was a day of crying and being completely overwhelmed - with absolutely nothing. I couldn't wait to get into bed at the end of the night and make everything go away.

Second day: cake! Back to eating just raw fruits and veggies, and I did add some seeds in as well. Starting to feel a bit better.

And, that was it - fasting seemed scary and hard - and it WAS - but I did it and have hopefully detoxified my body as a result. This won't be the last fast I do - over time as the impurities build up, I want to do occasional detoxing.

Tuesday, 6/16/08 - Back to eating regularly, but on my 'new diet' - I will be posting about this tomorrow. Feeling better after the fast. My stomach is smaller, I don't eat as much. Funny - the only thing I craved as soon as I could eat food again was KALE!

Subscribe to My Life with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome by Email

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also have EDS and POTS and wanted to try fasting for the first time. Your blog was the first thing I found adressing this. I'm glad it went well for you and I'm looking forward to my fast. Thanks for sharing :)