My kit is sorted into a handy bag, so if someone else is driving, I just grab it and take it with me. It is small enough to fit on the floor in the backseat, complete enough to have heat, cold, and all of my meds, and helpful enough to give me a quick fix to get my blood sugar up if need be.
I found the perfect bag by Lily Bloom that is made from recycled soda bottles; though, I think it is actually intended to be a lunch sack. I love the large top pouch which fits heat patches and sunscreen, and the bottom zippered part holds the typical first aid gear. You may find that you want to add additional items to yours, or that my list is way too detailed for you, but check out my contents and have fun making a car kit of your own. Hope this helps keep you organized and in less pain while you are on the go!
- ACE Bandage
- Bandages (latex-free; I like the "gentle" ones!)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antihistamine (like Benadryl)
- Wound cleaner
- Butterfly stitches (for those whose skin rips open easily)
- Paper tape (I like the kind that is on a tape dispenser)
- "Vet" tape/Cohesive wraps
- Heat therapy patches
- Instant cold/ice packs
- Pen & paper
- Chapstick with SPF
- Extra meds (like POTS meds, pain meds, bipolar meds, etc.)
- Pocket knife/scissor/tweezers or combo tool
- Sunscreen (change out every 6 months to maintain SPF ratings)
- Nail clippers
- Granola bars
- Pretzels or something salty (if you have POTS)
- Fruit snacks (or something to raise blood sugar)
- Small bottle of water (sealed well)
- Anything else you might need!
Yes - you can be more organized than me and keep everything in a separate bag/baggie/container, but this seems to do the trick for me! I always just make sure to bring it with me wherever I go, and if I use something, I replace it right away. Happy and safe travels!
Have a great weekend, everyone!